Raw Honey Nut Slice
I often see recipes for raw treats that contain things like maple syrup or rice malt syrup and think why not use honey, so here is a recipe for a raw honey nut slice that is super simple to make and tastes amazing - my gluten free husband couldn't stay out of the fridge and the kids loved it too.
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 140 gm natural peanut butter
- 100 gm honey (I used Indulge for added flavour and a bit of salt)
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 160 gm natural peanut butter
- 100 gm honey (I used our Multiflora Honey)
- 80 gm melted coconut oil
- 100 gm melted coconut oil
- 50 gm cacao powder
- 60 gm honey (I used Mindfuel)
- vanilla to taste
Prepare a 20 cm square cake or slice tin with non stick baking paper.
- Place all wet ingredients into a blender or food processor, add coconut and pulse until combined. Press into prepared tin and pop into the freezer to set.
- Place all ingredients into a blender and pulse until smooth and creamy. Pour over base and return to the freezer to set.
- Place coconut oil and honey into a bowl. Add cacao slowly and whisk until smooth and creamy. Pour over filling (this is when I like to add some chopped nuts, any kind, they sink into the icing layer and add some crunch!)
Return to the freezer to set - remove and cut into slices - store in the fridge for up to 7 days.
TIP: If you need your honey runny - gently heat with the lid off in the microwave for short (10 second) bursts or by warming your measured amount gently in a saucepan.